Monday, August 8, 2011

Little Brother enters the NAVY!

        This past weekend my mom, dad, sister, and I had the opportunity to fly out and see my little brother graduate from the Navy before he got sent off  to Mississippi for more training the next day. It was such a great opportunity and I have never seen anything like it. The graduation was amazing to see how hard all of these young men and women have worked to become part of the Navy! Jeffrey has come so far and I never seen him work so hard in my entire life and I am so proud of him for the decisions he is making to start a future for himself and all he has accomplished so far in the past two months. He is extremely happy that boot camp is over and he can eat real food again and to be able to talk to everyone on the phone instead of writing letters that half the time never got to him. The graduation lasted a few hours, than he had time off to come with us and explore Illinois a little bit before returning ten hours later than getting on a plane at 4am the next day to Mississippi. We wish we were able to see him longer than we did but we were so grateful that we were able to go out there and see him on such an important day of his life. I am so grateful that my parents made that possible for us.
                                         Jeffrey after the graduation ceremony



                                       Sharlene, my dad, Jeff, and me
                                     Jeffrey and proud papa
All of us right before taking Jeffrey back to the Navy base! We are all so proud of you and good luck on your  next adventure!
                                                  

No comments:

Post a Comment